Sending your blood sample back to the lab is easy and hassle-free — we'll show you how in this article.
Depending on which blood test you have ordered, you will receive different collection tubes — please ensure you have filled the tube(s) up to its required line(s) before you pack and return your sample to the lab.
Once you have collected your sample, please ensure to:
- Fill out the label sticker with your name, date of birth, sex, and time and date of your collection
- Once this is done, attach the stickers around the tube, covering both ends together to avoid overlapping the sticker
- Place the tube(s) in the protective case, ensuring you've closed the tube(s) tightly to avoid a spill during the sample delivery
- Seal the protective case(s) within the biohazard bag, along with the Patient Record card you have filled out
Now that everything is ready to be sent off to the lab, follow these extra few steps:
- Insert your biohazard bag into the pre-paid grey mailing bag and seal it tightly
- Post your sample back to the lab via a Postbox
The quicker it gets to the lab, the better. You should aim to post your sample to the lab on the same day. Lastly, avoid taking your sample on a Saturday as it may get stuck within the postal service. This may affect your sample viability.
For more information, please reach out to us via email@example.com or alternatively please use our live chat service (Mondays to Fridays 9am-6pm)