Are you wondering what a blood test is all about? Please Keep reading to find this out.
A blood test is when a sample of blood is taken for testing in a laboratory.
It can be used for the following:
- assess your general state of health
- assess the presence of infections either viral or bacterial
- assess the normal functioning of organs, such as liver and kidneys
- screen for certain genetic conditions
A blood sample can be collected either using a venous or finger-prick method. Here is what to expect from each type of blood test:
- Venous blood test — a needle is used to puncture a vein, usually in your arm, allowing the collection of a larger blood sample. This type of blood test can be used to test a full-range of biomarkers but is a more invasive test
- Finger-prick blood test — a lancet is used to prick your finger which allowing the collection of a small blood sample. This type of test is less invasive but is still an accurate test used to check a wide range of biomarkers
At Rightangled, blood tests can be done from the comfort of your home with a quick finger-prick blood test provided in our testing kit. Our service will help you assess your overall health and wellbeing.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please use our live chat service (Mondays to Fridays 9am-6pm)